ASEAN Dental Instrument Application Model Thailand- DENTAL CORPORATION PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
As one of the countries in Southeast Asia with world class healthcare, Thailand has well trained medical professionals.
- The Thai government has implemented three major medical insurance systems for more than 10 years. Approximately 90% or more of citizens enjoy government healthcare. In addition to the public system, private medical institutions are also commonplace. Thailand currently has 28 hospitals recognized by the international healthcare institute Joint Commission International (JCI). Thailand’s medical institutions have a relatively high international reputation, and their medical expertise and equipment are also internationally recognized.
- Thailand has a special training system for dental practitioners. Large dental groups all have their own training systems. High-level hospitals have highly qualified doctors, with exceptional academic credential or experience abroad, great language skills and expertise, and practitioners are uniformly of high character, which is also internationally recognized.
Thailand-DENTAL CORPORATION PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
Thailand: Dental Corporation Public Company Limited is the leading dental group in Thailand, providing dental tourism and international cooperation.
- At present, the groups has 3 dental brands, 13 dental centers and clinics. The brand BIDC has one dental center.
- The brand Smile Signature has 8 dental centers; the brand Dental Signature has 4 dental centers and over 100 experienced dentists, and is an important partner of the Swiss dental implant and abutment company Straumann in Thailand, providing dental services in line with international standards.
Photo from: Thailand-DENTAL CORPORATION
PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
Thailand-Dental Corporation has three dental brands and 13 dental centers and clinics, providing high quality dental services for different customer bases.
- Bangkok International Dental Center Bualuang Center (BIDC)
BIDC emphasizes total adherence to international standards, and uses the world’s finest dental technology to provide fast and high quality services. They have over 70 experienced dentists, and attract 40,000 members globally.
- Dental Signature
Targets high-end customers such as socialites and celebrities, specializing in advanced tooth whitening services.
- Smile Signature
Mainly caters to domestic customers, and within the next 3 years, they plan to open 20 dental clinics in Bangkok and other Thai provinces.
Dental Corporation 2015-2017 Revenue Distribution Chart
Model application reference and strategies going forward
Regarding Taiwanese manufacturers’ entry into the ASEAN dental device market, the Topology Research Institute (2018) points out that “it is recommended that Taiwan grasp Thailand’s dental marketing methods, and carry out brand re-engineering and upgrading to gain the favors of Thai buyers. ”.
- The Thai dental industry operates in a way that differs from general medical operation models, positioning itself in large department stores and tourist spots. Taiwanese brands should break away from traditional market expansion models, and adopt click-and-mortar methods to integrate market expansion from websites and connections with relevant groups, to catch up with the new business opportunities in Thailand.
- Taiwanese manufacturers have expanded their marketing in Thailand for many years. Thai people have a good impression of Taiwanese manufacturing and technology, and Taiwanese products and technology have a great reputation. But though Taiwanese manufacturers make high quality products, they often lack concepts like market deployment and long-term strategic planning. American and European products dominate the Thai market. Taiwanese manufacturers ought to design product packaging in European and American styles, to create a high-quality image and attract Thai buyers.